Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Gone Missing

It has been with us for four months and now, it has gone  missing. Taken away on Monday afternoon. 2.40 p.m. I couldn't believe my ears when Syida told me that she found M/KAR missing in the parking lot. Maybe she went to the wrong place due to the spacious parking  at Sultan Ismail Hospital. The thought of losing M/KAR  hit  me to the pit of my stomach. But I quickly brushed the thought away. It couldn't be us. Car theft? No!  We did not have the slightest thought it could happen to us. But in a split second, I was there in Sultan Ismail Hospital. Scanning the area like an eye of an eagle. It couldn't be. It must be somewhere here  that was out of our sight. For numerous time I drove around the parking area but failed to spot her. The sight of her was vivid in my mind. So fresh and clear. But she was nowhere to be found. My heart slowly sinking.

Driving MyLB towards Setia Indah Police Station was like driving in the air. Both of us were quiet, drifted away by our own thoughts. Once in a while, I consoled Syida, telling her in the nicest way to accept this loss. But in actual fact, I was consoling myself and at the same time, telling me to face the harsh reality that she was gone forever. Losing her was like losing something valuable. Not because of the material thing but the sentimental value we had shared with her. Scattered memories pictured in my eyes. How we had enjoyed our previous destination with her. Elegantly,  she roamed the highway of South West and East West. 

The laughter and jokes we had...teasing her owner for being so attached to her.The  last intimate moment Syida had with her was last Friday afternoon. She had spent her hot afternoon under the  scorching sun, polishing M/KAR  and complained at every small scratch that we have made

 I remembered the laughter we had that afternoon when Syida spotted a tiny scratch at the door knob. Shuufi said it was done by an insect, not by us.  Didn't think for a moment,  it was the last joke we had about her. As Syida polished her body, she gleamed and sparkled under the hot sun, Looking so bold and beautiful. No wonder, Syida was so besotted by her beauty. Though, she belonged to Syida but we, the family shared  the sense of belonging. She was  like our baby.

As I was writing about her, my mind lingered. Wondered where she was. Wondered what had happened to her. Being so over sentimental, hoping that she was in the good hands of someone. Hoping that the new owner, whoever she was with right now would take good care of 
her. Hoping she would come back to us as good as she was with us. If she was destined for us, she would come back, as good as new.

There were a few  precious and sentimental value things that went along with her. A book, ' A book of Awesome', given by my  son who is studying in US. Specially posted  from there for my Mother's Day's present. Another were a Navy cap ( hard to get ) - bought on a US army ship in Brunei and a Sponge Bob pillow. Nearly forgot  to mention Airis' s newly bought stroller from Toys r Us shop. Wondered what happened to them all.

Dear M/KAR....though you are out of reach. Clueless. I put you in GOD's hands. If it is fated that you will not be part of us anymore, we shall slowly letting you go but in our heart, you will always be there, forever will. Even though. you are no longer  with us  but our memories of you will linger on. 

No comments:

Post a Comment